Commonly Welded Base Metals
Commonly Welded Base Metals - Metals can be classified as
2. Nonferrous. Ferrous materials contain iron and the one element people use more than all others is Iron. Ferrous materials are the most important metals/alloys in the metal lurgical and mechanical industries because of their very extensive use.
Ferrous materials finding day to day welding applications are:
1. Wrought Iron.
2. Cast Iron.
3. Carbon Steel (Low. Medium and High Carbon Steels).
4. Cast Steels.
5. Alloy Steels.
6. Stainless Steels, etc.
Nonferrous materials are those that are not iron based.
Like ferrous materials, nonferrous materials also find extensive industrial applications.
Nonferrous materials finding day to day welding applications are :
7. Aluminium and its alloys.
8. Copper and its alloys.
9. Magnesium and its alloys.
10. Nickel and its alloys.
11. Zinc and its alloys, etc.